Saturday, July 4, 2009

Style Injection - Pantry Door (Before and After)



Hi, y'all. In my last post I told you about our new doors for the utility closet in the family room. They're ordered, but they haven't arrived just yet. Last night Sam let me in on a little secret he hadn't mentioned before. When the new doors do come, he has no idea how to install them.

That should be fun, don't you think?

While we've been waiting for the first of our new doors to arrive, we've gotten busy making one of our other interior doors look a little better. When I posted our inspiration photo for the family room, one of the things I found myself admiring again and again was those doors! They were black. How interesting. In case you don't remember, here's a reminder of the room.



Yup, I'd like a closer look at those doors, too.



Don't they look smooth? Stylish and chic little doors, aren't they? After noticing the doors in that photo, I started to see interior black doors all over the place. Really, I mean all over the place. Just Beachy is a great little blog. Beachy, obviously, but the gal has nice style - her foyer coat closet's door is black. Then, I saw a few photos of Kate Spade's apartment - black doors. Then, I was so quickly becoming smitten with the idea of black doors all through the house, I started actually looking for them on the web. I googled "black interior doors" and discovered that Joni Webb from Cote de Texas (a blog I had just begun to read regularly) has every single door in her fabulous Houston home painted... you guessed it - black.



I was sold. I knew I loved the idea and I loved every single black door in every single one of the photos I saw. I bought black paint and everything - Martha Stewart's French Bulldog, reportedly a very true black. I decided on trying the new look on our pantry door. I was a little uncertain about experimenting on our soon-to-arrive new doors, but the previous owners had put an inexpensive hollow door up before they put the house on the market. Perfect! :)

I admit, those first few strokes of glossy black paint were a little alarming. I mean, it was jet black and I was about to paint it all over one of the first doors you see when stepping into our house. But, I took a deep breath and kept going. Here are the before and afters (with the new wall color from April, too).





What do you think? I think I love it :)



2 comments:

Erika said...

Love, love, love the black door. I think it classy and elegant. I also really like the color you have on the wall!

Milliscent Morgan said...

I wish I could have beautiful pantry like this if that would happen I'll make my own design of pantry doors perfect to my kitchen. Thanks for this page.