Friday, July 30, 2010

on the calendar: bathroom remodel



It isn't going to happen immediately, but we have our first bathroom remodel in the inspiration/planning stages now. Probably at some point this fall, we'll actually bust out some tile and have a whole lotta fun reworking one of the upstairs bathrooms. The other, we hope, will follow soon after this winter.

I've been saving some images and thought it was time to share them with you all. We're drawn to a vintage-y, "old house" feel, but we have to be careful about trying to pull that off. This isn't an old house, after all. I'm skeptical that we could successfully integrate a claw-foot tub into our split level home, for instance. So, we aren't going to try. We are, however, planning on making some less dramatic, period-inspired choices that we think will go a long way. Things like sinks, fixtures, lighting, tile floor patterns.

Well, I'll just let these inspiration images give you an idea of what's grabbing our attention. If you click on the pic, the photo's source will be mentioned in the address bar.












Don't you just want to take a long soak in a tub, now? A pretty tub? I do. Right now we only have one bathtub in the house and it's in the children's bathroom. I admit that I miss the soaking tub we had in our previous house. I love taking baths and that thing was huge and very, very comfortable. I'm thinking a bathtub in the master bath is a pretty high priority. If at all possible.

We need to figure out what configurations are possible, exactly. It won't do much good to plan to move the toilet if the plumbing can't be done or to put a tub in if there just isn't space. So, a floor plan, Stan. That's what we need to start working out.

More soon :)







2 comments:

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

I am so in love with that third photo! The wall, the lighting, the mirror.

We have a bathtub (actually, three) in our house, but after living here for over a year I haven't even used it, not once. I don't know, I guess I am not a bath person :)

Unknown said...

i love the first bathroom, i have the same tile on the wall. Do you know what color grey that is?

Nicole
petite-amore.com