Thursday, November 15, 2012

making home {photo project}



I read my own blog. Duh. Of course I do. The main reason I started this blog was so I could be encouraged and motivated as we hunkered down for a loooooong remodel. The blog helps give me perspective... and little pep talks. Especially the pictures. The pictures are HUGE for me.

When I was trying to decide what kind of photo project to take on this year, I got to thinking about similar projects done in the past by Megan Duerksen and Janelle Bradshaw. Megan's photography and her (former) home, in particular, have been huge inspirations for me. Check out her "Home Sweet Home" page. I love the way she captured her own home so well, and I'm hoping to learn from her - closeups! - and do the same with ours... in our own way.

This project... Making Home... is an attempt to grow as a photographer through LOTS of practice and to continue to document our home in real time. Photos of our home every week... for a year. My own series of home tour posts and the photos that accompanied them were my springboard. I'm hoping to love my home more intentionally throughout the coming year, and to be encouraged by the little snippets of lovely in between the sawdust and the paint cans.

It helps me so, so much to be able to come back to these photos and be encouraged. There is progress. There are pretty spots. Every year makes this more and more our home.

You can view the whole project to date here.









2 comments:

Danielle said...

What a great idea! I am always looking for new ways to work on my photography! Now if I can keep one spot of my house clean enough each day to take pics of it...

Jacci said...

Thanks, Danielle :)

Ha ha. I hear ya! It's nice in a way, though, because I knew I wanted to take a picture of that side table, so that was great incentive to dust it, lol.